Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time
For somebody new
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse
Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
With you?
Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be cheating on you
It's the wrong time
She's pulling me through
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse
Is that alright?
I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
Is that alright with you?
Is that alright?
I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
If I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
Is that alright with you?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright with you?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright with you?
No…
9 Crimes utilizes metaphors, repetition and tone to create a hostile environment of a couple trying to reassemble from the wreckage of an infidelity. The metaphor of a “small crime” is used to represent the infidelity of the man in the relationship. It’s also used for the woman looking for someone new after the relationship ended. It seems to be a crime in the sense that this couple had guidelines that they’ve now broken. The other metaphor present that is used throughout the song is referencing guns. The gun seems to represent the heart or love. In the second stanza, the phrase “give my gun away when it’s loaded” means that he significant other has thrown her love away when it was strongest and ready to be felt. The phrase used later on “if you don’t shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it?’ I interpret as meaning if he doesn’t accept her love or reciprocate it, how is she supposed to continue feeling this way about him? This is assured by the fact that earlier in the song she feels guilty, but continues to look for someone who will accept her feelings instead of pushing them aside for another girl. Finally, tone holds great importance to this song. The song begins softly with somber expression. However the song builds into a whirlwind of chorales and flying emotions. The music then quickly dies down at the end, almost to represent the falling out and finally the final nail in the coffin of the relationship. This song perfectly portrays the aftermath of a forbidden love which goes on to blow an irreparable hole into a once stable love.
If you would like an alternative to randomly flirting with girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...
ReplyDeleteIf you would prefer to have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...
Then I encourage you to play this short video to uncover a weird secret that can literally get you your very own harem of attractive women:
Facebook Seduction System...